Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Review: ANGIE by R.A. Rios

This is a story of young love and personal prejudices during the 1950's and 1960's. This is an interactive book giving the reader a whole new perspective when reading short stories.
When Angie the daughter of a Latin family meets Frank a young man from China sparks begin to fly as family conflict forces Angie to lie and go behind her parents back in order to cultivate their romance. As you join us on this real life experience you will find yourself rooting for Angie and Frank.



Reviewed by: Sandra
Rating: 2 stars

Review: Upon first impression, I assumed that this book was a story about Angie. But when I started reading the first chapter titled “Are You Alone,” which was written in the 1st Person POV, I started to question it because the voice sounded male. So I was instantly confused.

As I read on, I found out that the guy’s name was Robert, a freshman in college that meets a girl named Angie during Spring Break. Then Angie begins to tell a story about a Chinese man and his love for a Latin girl. From then on, the whole thing turns into a monologue, taking the reader to 1950’s Colorado and the musical reign of Rock n’ Roll.


Reading through it, I often wondered what the whole point of this story was. I didn’t really get it. And the typos didn’t really help any, even though I usually try to overlook them as long as it doesn’t deter from the story. But this story didn’t really hold any interest. It almost felt like reading a series of run-ons, with no periods and no pause for breath. It just didn’t suit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment